1. When did you first start playing?
Way back in about 1983/4 initially at home. I then joined Mike Parnaby's Stokesley league in about 1985.
2. Which was your first ever big tournament?
The regional finals of the national championships (at Leeds) in March 1986. A great atmosphere in the busy shopping centre venue and I even managed to win the event.
3. Which is the best tournament you have ever attended?
The Europa Cup for Clubs in 2008. It was the first time I had seen so many of the world's top players compete in one event.
4. What was the best goal you have ever scored?
So few to choose from, as most of my goals have been scrappy! However, the best was probably in my first regional finals... I took a goal kick, followed by a couple of attacking flicks and then shot and scored right into the top far corner of the goal, all whilst the ball was still travelling. My opponent hadn't even had chance to take a defensive flick.
5. Who would you describe as being the toughest player you have faced in England?
Chris Thomas. An exceptional world class player.
6. Who would you describe as being the toughest player you have faced in the World?
Carlos Flores. An incredible player and a worthy world champion.
7. What has been the best match you have ever played in?
A barrage match against Matt Lampitt at the 2009 English GP. I was losing 2-0 with a little under three minutes to go and somehow managed to come back to win 3-2 in normal time. For some reason, I have a habit of coming back from two goals down to win!
8. What has been your best moment or achievement in the game?
Becoming English Junior Subbuteo Champion in 1988, followed by becoming British Junior Champion shortly afterwards in 1989. That was a very, very long time ago!!
9. What has been the funniest moment you have seen on a trip away to a tournament?
Possibly watching Darren Clark, after quite a few light ales, attempt to climb a climbing wall in the venue of a GP (whilst the tournament was in full flow). Incredibly, despite slipping and landing with an almighty thump, he managed to get up and walk away like nothing had happened. I still wince at the thought of it today.
10. Which football team do you support?
Chelsea and Middlesbrough.
11. What is your favourite food?
Italian, Chinese, Indian and traditional English. Not to mention a very weak spot for chocolate.
12. Do you have any other hobbies?
Jogging, fitness training and dog walking.
13. What is your favourite holiday destination?
Really want to visit New York.
14. What is the best movie you have ever seen?
I Am Legend... and so sad when his dog dies!!
15. What is your favourite TV series?
Kevin and Tracey (AKA Gavin and Stacey), Only Fools, Holby and Casualty.
16. What is your favourite music?
Still stuck in the 1990's with classic Dance, House and Garage tunes. Also, Leona Lewis, Beverley Knight, Adele, Will.i.am, Calvin Harris, to name but a few!
17. Which person do you have most respect for in life?
Without doubt, my partner Nina, for the remarkable strength of character she has. In the 'Subbuteo World', Mike Parnaby, for his persistence in getting me playing again (and for his total dedication to the game). Also, Chris Thomas, for inspiring me to keep developing as a (part-time) player. It's either that, or I keep taking hammerings off him!