Tom Burns has been playing Subbuteo nearly as long as Rod Stewart has been topping the music charts. Tom who is a member of the Glasgow club reveals many interesting facts about his passion for the game and Indian food.
1. When did you first start playing?
early 70,s.joined glasgow around 74-75
2. Which was your first ever big tournament?
started playing national events a couple of years after that.it would probably have been the scottish cup.
3. Which is the best tournament you have ever attended?
major in amsterdam 2012.biggest and best i have been to so far.
4. What was the best goal you have ever scored?
this sounds bad but too many to remember
5. Who would you describe as being the toughest player you have faced in England?
i haven't played too many of englands top players.1st time round would have been Bob Varney,and 2nd time chris short.
6. Who would you describe as being the toughest player you have faced in the World?
has to be daniel scheen,just don't know how to play him.
7. What has been the best match you have ever played in?
3 stand out,beating gareth christie and mike burns last season,only started back playing 3 seasons ago and didn't know if i would be able to compete.and beating dave butler 5-1 in our leagur last season as he was unbeaten in 2yrs in the club
8. What has been your best moment or achievement in the game?
beating malcolm lees to win the vet IO in glasgow last year.
9. What has been the funniest moment you have seen on a trip away to a tournament?
watching willie fleming in amsterdam last year sitting on pile of gym mats looking more dead than alive.mr bennett wasn't much better.all good fun though.
10. Which football team do you support?
11. What is your favourite food?
12. Do you have any other hobbies?
13. What is your favourite holiday destination?
italy or germany
14. What is the best movie you have ever seen?
15. What is your favourite TV series?
men behaving badly
16. What is your favourite music?
queen,thin lizzy,nei young,prince,smokie.
17. Which person do you have most respect for in life?
my wife,always there and been a great mother to our four daughters