Trisha Baumeler is the new Princess of Subbuteo. Trisha who is from Switzerland has been playing Subbuteo since 2009 and is one of the top female players in the World. The Anfield Hoppers star has many male admirers but you should be warned that she is an expert at Martial Arts :)
1. When did you first start playing?
I started playing in 2009 after I watched my father playing for about three years.
2. Which was your first ever big tournament?
My first big tournament was at the same time my first international tournament, it was the World Cup in Rotterdam(2009), I played the under 12 category and even got through the groups, which made me very proud :)
3. Which is the best tournament you have ever attended?
I'd say there are two of them. Definitely the IO in Milano and the World Cup in Palermo.
4. What was the best goal you have ever scored?
There has been one goal in my short "career" I'll never forget. It was my second and winning goal in the semifinal of the WC in Palermo against Eleonora Buttitta. It was the first time in my life that I reached a final in such an important competition and the fact that my father sadly hasn't been present at this tournament made this goal even more important to me.
5. Who would you describe as being the toughest player you have faced in England?
Unfortunately I haven't played so many Englishmen yet. :) Certainly there are lots of tough english players. From watching I can tell that Chris Thomas, Chris Short and Kasper Benett are for sure some of the toughest players.
6. Who would you describe as being the toughest player you have faced in the World?
Without doubt Carlos Flores. I've played him once in Milano and obviously he didn't even play half as good as he could, we prefered to talk during the game. But I've seen him many times and I can say that he impresses me every time all over again! His precision, speed and his thought-out way of playing makes it very attractive to watch his games.
7. What has been the best match you have ever played in?
I guess it was this years' final in Mons (Ladies category for sure). I played Lydie Pinchart and in the first half I played outrageous that's why she was 3-0 ahead. I almost gave up myself but there were some people which still believed in me. In the second half all of a sudden I succeded in everything I did and I reached the 3-3 just one minute before the end. I won the following sudden death and I think this was the one and only time I have screamed after scoring a goal.
8. What has been your best moment or achievement in the game?
Second place at the WC in Palermo and two times winner of the major in Mons/Frameries. Oh and of course the Subbuteo Oscar :)
9. What has been the funniest moment you have seen on a trip away to a tournament?
Every trip has it's special and funny moments but the highlight was the trip to mons with my father and Brian Butterwoth. We had to drive about 7 hours, it's been snowing all the time and the temperatures fell down to -15°C, police officers with dogs and miserable hotel included.
10. Which football team do you support?
I support Grasshoppers Club Zürich and Liverpool Football Club with all my heart.
11. What is your favourite food?
I love litchies! And Thai food.
12. Do you have any other hobbies?
Yes I do, since I was 5 years old I do martial arts, I've started with judo then jiu jitsu and currently I do kick-boxing.
13. What is your favourite holiday destination?
Spain and the West Coast of the USA.
14. What is the best movie you have ever seen?
Into the Wild
15. What is your favourite TV series?
16. What is your favourite music?
17. Which person do you have most respect for in life?
Clearly my father. Not just that he introduced me in the best game/sport on earth also he's my idol. I'm deeply impressed in everything that he's achieved and what he's doing. I really do admire him and he gives me the opportunity to experience things like travelling around the world and getting toi know amazing people. I think we're an amazing team :). Thank you for everything!
TRISHA IN ACTION AT THE FISTF SUBBUTEO WORLD CUP IN MANCHESTER 2013