1. When did you first start playing?
1st January 1967
2. Which was your first ever big tournament?
Depends what you mean by big but probably the ETSA Northern Championships in Manchester. Not sure what year - probably 1972 or 1973.
3. Which is the best tournament you have ever attended?
Any of the Supremos World Opens organised by Bob Varney and Phil Holmes in the early 1980s.
4. What was the best goal you have ever scored?
A goal in a 3-2 victory against Ian Aggett in the Supremos World Open in Bletchley. Maybe I'll say more about it another time ......
5. Who would you describe as being the toughest player you have faced in England?
I'm guessing you mean English player here, rather than a player that I played in England. Norman Gleave. Never beat him, rarely scored against him.
6. Who would you describe as being the toughest player you have faced in the World?
I suppose I'd have to say Joe Mifsud. He scored so many goals against me when I was playing for Northern Ireland against Malta that both of us lost count.
7. What has been the best match you have ever played in?
Beating Dave Collett 1-0 in 2001. I had a commemorative polo shirt made which I still wear frequently.
8. What has been your best moment or achievement in the game?
Either ..... Scoring the winning equaliser for England B against Austria B in 1980. And then doing the same thing in the second match later that evening. Or ..... Winning my first three National League games at Wembley against Phil Holmes 1-0, Bob Varney 1-0 and Adrian Butt 1-0. Not many folk can say they won their first three games at Wembley. Sadly, I only won one more game in the rest of the season, finishing with a decidedly average record of Won 4, Drawn 4, Lost 4. Bob's still waiting to beat me in the National League.....
9. What has been the funniest moment you have seen on a trip away to a tournament?
Has to be Fletch barricading himself into a nuclear bomb shelter in Zürich. He'd had a few.
10. Which football team do you support?
I don't like soccer. It's a shadow of the game it was thirty or forty years ago. I used to support Barnsley and still look for their results but I couldn't name any of their current players.
11. What is your favourite food?
Haggis and champ.
12. Do you have any other hobbies?
I work for Sheffield Eagles as a volunteer for a couple of days a week during the season, doing support for their coaching staff.
13. What is your favourite holiday destination?
Donegal. Or anywhere in Ireland. I like Scotland and Wales too. Been to the Scottish Borders and Snowdonia more times than I care to remember.
14. What is the best movie you have ever seen?
The 39 Steps. Either the 1939 or 1959 versions - I don't mind. They're both good.
15. What is your favourite TV series?
All Creatures Great and Small. Or A Touch of Frost. I like spotting the locations as a lot of it was filmed in our area. The opening titles are a shot of Carlton Street in Cas Vegas, pre-pedestrianisation.
16. What is your favourite music?
A bit of light rock. Hendrix, Def Leppard, Saxon, Runrig, Thin Lizzy, Edward H Davis - that sort of genre.
17. Which person do you have most respect for in life?
Mark Aston - single minded control freak who has achieved far beyond expectations on the resources he has available.