The Wobbly Hobby League Subbuteo team event is to be held in Redhill, Surrey, on 13th/14th November. Contact: Alan Lee for more information: email@example.com
The Travelodge is situated opposite the venue in Redhill town centre.
The Wobbly Hobby League is the UK Club League and will be an annual team event, played over 2 days. Year 1 will determine places 1-16. Ideally the League can be hosted by a different UK Club each year, but this is still to be confirmed. This years event will be hosted by Surrey Saracens SC.
Year 1 will be sponsored by Wobbly Hobby Shop, https://wobblyhobbyshop.com. Trophies will be awarded to Division 1 and Division 2 winners and runner ups.
Year 1 Format
The Initial draw will be seeded by the Organisers, FISTF club rankings will be taken into consideration.
The event will follow the FISTF Champions League format, 16 clubs in 4 groups of 4. The top 2 in each group advance to Division 1. This will be a further 2 groups of 4. The top 2 of these groups will then qualify to the Semi Finals and then the Finals. The bottom 2 of each group will play off for the remaining League positions.
The bottom 2 in the initial groups advance to Division 2. This will be a further 2 groups of 4. The top 2 of these groups will then qualify to the Semi Finals and then the Finals. The bottom 2 of each group will play off for the remaining League positions.
By the end of the tournament each club will be ranked 1-16. This will decide the club’s league status for year 2. Each team will play a total of 8 games over the weekend.
Some of the start teams include:
Stanway Rovers Flickers SC
Surrey Saracens SC
London Road SC
Haverhill Rovers STFC
Kent Invicta TFC
Harrow Hawks TSC
Cardiff Bluebirds TFC
East Lancashire SC
Bristol Subbuteo Club
Dundee United TFC
B Teams may be permitted depending on participating club numbers, subject to the Organisers approval. The League is limited to 16 teams.
1. Entrance fee is £40 per team. Payment must be made via Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 7th November 2021. Please add, ‘Entrance to the UK Club League’ on the payment notes.
2. Full refunds will be given to each club if the event is cancelled or postponed.
3. The event will be played to FISTF playing rules and FISTF team event rules.
4. The event is NON-FISTF, therefore FISTF registered and FISTF non registered players may play for a Club.
5. Players can only play for their usual club unless the club is not participating or is a non UK club.
6. Non UK club based players and non participating club players can play for their nearest geographical club to their home location, unless there are special circumstances, which will be considered and agreed by the organisers prior to the event.
7. All clubs must register player names to the Organiser by 7th November 2021.